Fashion Week LA - Rose La Grua

Venue: Maker City LA at The REEF  
Producers: Los Angeles Fashion Council
Fashion Designers: Rose La Grua  
Season: Fall/Winter 2015  


INSPIRATION
Rose La Grua’s collection was a “cream dream”, inspired by vintage lingerie. Her designs were classic, clean, feminine, and flirty, and she focused on all natural fibers, using wool, linen, and silk for her pieces all in a monochromatic palette. 
OUR THOUGHTS ON THE COLLECTION
This was an interesting collection for me, I did not particularly like the presentation on the runway for some of the pieces. It was not consistent and it was messy in my opinion, snagged hosiery, (gosh I hope that was not on purpose) ill-fitted shorts and uneven lengths on a pair of shorts. I did however have the opportunity to see the items hanging on the rack in the "pop up showroom" and seeing it up close and personal, I thought there were several pieces that were simply gorgeous, I just wish she would have put more thought on her runway presentation. 
Image courtesy of www.Trini-G.com
One last comment I would like to make, is this collection only geared for winters in the Los Angeles market because I do not see how this collection would fare well in other regions during the fall and winter seasons, after all isn't this collection Fall/Winter 2015?

0 comments:

Post a Comment

Thank you for leaving a comment.